FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex offers me free Eagles tickets in LA
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:28 pm
stinky

Programs: Too many to manage
Originally Posted by clover
I received one of those periodic Entertainment Access LA emails from Amex that included this headline: Get Access to Private Complimentary Concert: The Eagles Live in LA and More

I often don't even look at these
emails but this one caught my eye for obvious reasons.

I clicked on the "Enroll" heading to sign up asap. Initially I tried to use my Business Plat Card, but that was rejected. When I used my personal Gold Card it was accepted. The Wiltern is a great venue, much smaller than the Eagles' usual large arena concerts, though when I googled Wiltern it says the capacity is about 2,300 since the renovation.

Another interesting offer on this email was a 2 night/3 day stay at Kiawah Island in early December to play the Ocean Course (PGA in 2012) with special guests Nick Faldo and Mark O'Meara. Price was only $650 including lodging, food, 2 rounds of golf, etc.

Thanks Amex!

Get this....

So my wife trys to enroll on the site last night multiple times (she only received the invite in the evenining) and each time an error comes up saying that the system cannot validate any Amex Number. We call the VIP By Invitation phone number and it's closed so we call the Amex Plat customer service line and they say its a problem with the website and to try in the morning - that's it - no other explanation.

So, we are up early and try this morning only to find out the same problem - we call customer service again and they inform us that the event is now sold out and we should have been advised to call the VIP line when we had proble,....ARRRGH....

They have put us on the waitlist but I don't hold any hope - ah well, it would have been fun. Just another day in the life of Amex screw ups....

stinky