FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Customer Relations vs. AAdvantage Customer Service - difference?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:29 am
AmericanAirlines
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
I know this has been asked in the past, but I did a few searches and was unable to find what I was looking for. Apologies if I have missed an obvious thread while searching.

I would like to contact AA about a fairly poor experience on a recent flight. I'm not trying to milk a situation - after 200,000 BIS miles this year and close to 1MM lifetime, this was the first time I felt I needed to complain. I'm hoping to get something out of it - a few thousand miles may be appropriate, since it relates to an itinerary that was upgraded with miles.

What is the best avenue to file such a complaint? Is it AAdvantage Customer Service, or AA Customer Relations? Each one seems to have its own email comments form on AA.com. When using these forms, are they usually pretty good about responding? If not, is there an email address I can directly email in a situation like this?
Good question, Hyperacusis. American Airlines has 2 departments: one called Customer Relations and one called AAdvantage Customer Service. AAdvantage Customer Service is for assisting AAdvantage members with account issues (address changes, mileage posting issues, etc…). Customer Relations is for addressing customers past travel experiences (delays, employee issues, etc…).

In your case, it sounds like it would be best to contact Customer Relations.

Stephen @ AA