FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:15 pm
Boghopper

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I was able to access the SQ SilverKris Lounge in SYD with my Y SYD-SFO BP and my * Gold card..
This about SKL access at SIN, which is a special exception to the general rules. Elsewhere SKL is all there is and a *A card generally gets you in. At SIN you get the "premium" lounge or whatever, which is a shadow of the SKL lounge there.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A C BP gets you into the Business Lounge. A *G card gets you into the *G lounge. For airlines that make a distinction, *G lounges are generally better than Business Lounges.
Actually IME that's only true on LH (senator for *G and business for C). In SIN the *G lounge is markedly inferior to the "business" lounge.

Originally Posted by bseller
I believe you that she is both "knowledgeable" and that she "pushed hard". I ALSO firmly believe that she was the victim of a MOLA, and NOT of a change in SIN based policy. The SKL in SIN has never, repeat NEVER been a *G lounge.

However, it has always been a lounge into which *A travellers on a premium class BP's can enter. There have, over the years, been many reports by experienced, knowledgable, FTers of this kind of thing having happened. It has not happened to me, but it has to people whom I know.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses NOT zebras. This isn't a change in policy, IMO.
Dave
If this reflects policy and not an on-the-spot rule invention, it is absolutely a change in policy. In the past I have gotten into SKL at SIN with a C boarding pass on UA or other *A carriers without question. When in Y with my *G card I have been politely turned away and redirected to the peasant lounge, I mean, ah, "gold" lounge.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 21, 2010 at 12:39 pm Reason: merge