FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - one-way intra-California car rental: discount code?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:20 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
Try CD#oi1054 with Dollar and see if that gets the rate down.
Thanks. Yeah, I found that one from the Thrifty link (it's the Dollar Magicard discount), but no dice.

Fortunately, though, I started going through some of the tried and true flyertalk codes and voila -- the Avis priceline code (A686200) gets it down to about $26/day for a midsize, no drop off fee. It's amazing what these codes can do for you when you run into nosebleed published prices! I'd like to be even "piggier" and add a coupon, but alas my rental is in 2011 and I can't find a free weekend day that works on Avis one-way next year.

I'll revisit this later, but at least I now know the rental is "doable" without a nasty surcharge, and I can make my travel plans accordingly.

BTW, I see LAX is now catching up with other airports on the ridiculous car rental fees. There's a $10 pax facility fee, an extra 10% airport service fee, etc. -- adding about 35% to the cost of the rental. I might consider going off-airport next time, especially if I were keeping the car longer.