FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:28 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
The main screw up was back at security - it was a 'breach' to allow me through without secondary, since I had the quad S on my card.

I was a little annoyed with the flight crew too. My second bag was the smallest possible garment bag you can imagine with one pair of pants and one shirt. I asked if they could hang it in F and they said no. Now I had to go to baggage claim to retrieve it when I landed. Oh well.

Another side note - one of the TSO's commented that quad S is starting to come back again, and that they were going to have to retrain security to be on the look out for it and send quad S's to secondary.
Nonsense. A "breach"??? Come on now Who cares if you have SSSS - heck, I used to use Liquid Paper and a photocopier to remove those from my home-printed BPs.

The UA system has no idea whether or not you've been given a secondary - who knows why it beeped. You could have just lied to the agent and told them you were 'fully inspected'.

What exactly did the TSA buffoon do with your shoes at the gate? Use his x-ray vision to check them for hidden explosives?

Nobody did the "right thing" - they wasted your time and my money.