FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Premium Class
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:31 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
as promised, here is my report with some pictures....

there is only one lounge at the kul lcc terminal & air asia premier passengers don't have access to it....but you can get in if you have an amex platinum card (issued in malaysia only) or if you have priority pass....its located before you pass the security area towards the international gates....my meeting finished a lot earlier than i had expected so i had almost 6 hours to kill at the airport....i figured i may as well use my priority pass membership for the first time....the lounge is pretty basic....small sitting area & a few snacks & drinks on offer....i actually went up to the coffee bean & got my own food....over all, the lounge was ok to kill a few hours....

the checkin counters opened 3 hours before the flight so i went to check-in when they opened....the premium class ticket comes with 15kgs free check-in luggage so i checked in my bag....came back to the lounge after that....there was going to be no announcement in the lounge about when my flight was going to board so about an hour before my flight i left for my gate....had to go through immigration first & then security....there are a few duty free shops after immigration as well as a few restaurants....if i remember correctly there is a dunkin donuts, sports bar, a coffee shop & a couple of counters serving local malaysian food....the usual duty free shops are where you can buy chocolates, perfumes, alcohol, etc....

the flight was delayed by half an hour but there was no announcement....when they finally started letting people into the boarding gate area there was no seperate line for premium passengers....they just let eveyone else in at the same time....

another 20 minutes of waiting in the boarding area & they finally announced the flight was ready to board....again, no call for premium passengers....i walked up to the counter & asked if they were going to board the premium passengers first & then all of a sudden she made the announcement for premium & wheelchair passengers to board first....

the premium class has 2 rows with 6 seats in each row divided into 2x2x2....so 12 seats in total....my seat number was 1h so i was in the aisle seat in the first row on the right side of the plane....premium class had only 3 passengers but economy was full....

my seat was very comfortable....got a free bottle of water as well as a pillow & blanket....the seat does not recline to a full flat bed like it does on jet or kingfisher but its still very comfortable....

the regular seat functions....

while the seat is very comfortable, if you are sittting in the front row then your feet will touch the wall in front when you are in full recline mode....i am not very tall (5'11'') but my feet were still hitting the wall in front....

over all, a very nice experience....as a premium passenger you get 15 kgs free check-in allowance, free bottle of water, free pillow & blanket, free meal & you can also choose your seat for free....if you want anything else to eat or drink then you have to pay for it....no vod systems & the meal they serve comes in an aluminium tray with plastic utensils....the only thing that is like a regular business class experience is the seat....besides that you know you are traveling on a budget airline....i paid about $175 for a one way ticket from kul-del whereas the next cheapest business fare on a full service airline was about $450....so this is a great saving & if you don't care about the regular business amenities then i would definitely recommend this service....

Last edited by Keyser; Sep 28, 2010 at 4:46 am