FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Going to Pearl Harbor -- Questions & Suggestions" thread
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:15 pm
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Best way to Pearl Harbor from Waikiki?

Aloha!

Me and the Ms. are headed to HNL for a 4-day mini anniversary vacation. Alan Wong reservations made, and all is good.

The only outstanding question is about Pearl Harbor. We're staying in Waikiki beach and would like to make a day trip, but I'm a little unsure about the best way to go. The key think is that we don't want to be rushed, so we don't want to do a planned tour with a definite start/stop time. But which is the least expensive/most hassle-free way to go? We could (a) rent a car and drive ourselves, (b) pay a driver/take a taxi both ways, (c) take TheBus, or...(d) is there another option I haven't thought about? I like the flexibility of having a car, but it seems to introduce a lot of hassle with parking, etc., especially since we'd only use it to go to Pearl. TheBus, according to their website, takes 1.5 hours each way, which seems insane. Would the cost of a taxi be prohibitive? (Can you even get one to take you there?)

Any recommendations would be most welcome... Mahalo in advance!