FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lauderdale Port to MIA -- Tight fit??
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:09 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chriskre
I think your pushing your luck with this. If your feeling lucky then more power to ya but I wouldn't trust it. Murphy is alive and well in South Florida.
I agree. My experience has been that cruise lines don't want to let you take your luggage (other than hand luggage) off the boat yourself. They want you to put it outside your door the night before, and then they will take it off and put it in a big area for you to sort through. If all passengers took their own luggage off, they would be a week disembarking.

I have also felt that cruise lines were more concerned about making sure that the passengers who booked their airfare through the cruise line got off the boat on time than passengers who made independent travel arrangements.

This really isn't an AA issue. It is a cruise ship issue and a south Florida traffic issue.

I don't know about the US forum, but here on the AA forum we appreciate it if members try to follow this Flyertalk rule: "Make thread titles as specific and descriptive as possible. Sometimes posters will start a thread with a very general title such as, "Guess what?" or "Strange airline policy". Be as helpful as possible in your thread titles, and if you want to improve or change your thread's title after you create it, ask a moderator in that forum for help".