FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Processing of UK Tourist Visa from UK Border Agency in New York
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:14 pm
Beany

Programs: BA & VS
Originally Posted by querymind
Can anyone give an advice about the processing time of a UK tourist visa out of New York? We are scheduled to fly out in Oct 16 but my friend did not get her visa yet. She submitted her docs last Thursday 9/16 and received an email from NY UK Border Agency that they received her docs on Friday. She has not heard anything since last week. What should we do?
I can comment on this as my colleague just received her email notification yesterday saying her passport will be returned to her with the visa on Monday. The UK Border Agency in NY acknowledged they originally received all her documents on 21st August.

Unfortunately for her, her husband and some of her friends left to go on their trip to Europe and the UK on the 17th September so she didn't get to go. There is nothing you can do to speed up the process, calling and emailing doesn't do anything. I know as I was trying to help her! Made me embarrassed to be British