FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Slam 2010!
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:47 am
poptarts

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by miffSC
I called and asked them some questions - about closing and reopening - using my cc and dm# and a different name - using a different address -signing up Mr. Miff - etc. They will only award if it is an entirely new account. They have some way of cross-referencing all of the above - name, addy, cc# etc. If you can find a way around all of that, I'd be interested in knowing.
I've had a Netflix account off and on for years. Just before the promo started, I rejoined Nexflix. So to get the hit for the promo, I cancelled the account and opened a "new" account using the following criteria:

1. I did not use my full name, for example, if I am "John Albert Smith" I would enter "J. Smith" or J. Albert Smith."

2. I used a different credit card.

3. I used a different mailing address (work). We do not order DVDs to be delivered and only use the "watch now" via xbox360 or ipad.

4. I used a different internet link that I rarely use, instead of Firefox, I used Explorer.

5. I use an email address never used before with Netflix. I think I used my kids or work.

I can confirm that they opened a "new account" and I did not get the "welcome back" messages.

I have not received the US Airways miles yet, I will post when I do.

Last edited by poptarts; Sep 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm Reason: add more info