FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kevin gets a little Seoul - To Seoul and Hong Kong with Asiana and Thai in F and C
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:24 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part VII - Hong Kong Take 1, Novotel Nathan Road

Grand Ambassador Hotel /Novotel Kowloon Pictures
Random Hong Kong Photos (full sets to come in the next few weeks)

Hong Kong Airport Take 1.

After clearing customs, I parked up for a bit to download information where I needed to go next (the screen capture utility on the iPhone is essential some days).

It was then a case of buying a MTR visitors card, and off on the MTR to Hong Kong Station, then a hike over to Central Station before finally meeting with a service to Jordan.

on the way...

Boxes make the world go round...

After coming out to a blast of heat, I walked a few roads up to my hotel for the next two days, the Novotel Nathan Road, Kowloon.

Hotel: Novotel Nathan Road, Kowloon (Accor Group)
Price Paid: £159.88, Cash-back £19.18, net £140.80, 367 base points earned, 275 bonus points earned.

I wandered upstairs to check in where my reservation was found. I was offered a box of tissues and managed to cool down a bit before wandering to my room at the end of the hallway (the joy of booking a cheap room).

Bed

Remote control

Drinks area

Whilst a lot smaller than the Grand Ambassador, it was a reasonable size, with a drinks making area, and a nice powerful shower.

Bathroom with non scarey toilet.

After buying some wired Internet and having cooled down sufficiently (that rucksack gets heavier with each stop I tell you), I wandered out and explored the hot city that is Hong Kong.

Overall: You pay your money, you takes your choice. Not a lot of money for a reasonable hotel. And the aircon could go to iceicle levels. Well appointed, but the lack of WiFi is... dissapointing.

Random Hong Kong Pictures

However, 3 days is not a long time, so once again, I packed my trash up and checked out at 10:00, and dumped my luggage with the concierge and spent the daytime wandering around Hong Kong. As the evening came, I picked up my bag, and paid the HK$20 to get to Kowloon Station, and then checked in at the station at the same time (allowing me not to see the big rucksack until Heathrow). It was a case of then wandering downstairs where an airport Express had just arrived, and getting on board. A speedy journey, and I was dumped back at Hong Kong Airport.

Last edited by Kevincm; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:19 pm