FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAs making up rules...
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:42 am
LukeSkywaiter

FAs making up rules...

My last two trips have been with lead FAs who decided to make the final approach announcement - and enforce it - on their own terms, as opposed to waiting for the "double ding" and the illumination of the sterile cockpit light. Both FAs did so without any instruction from the captain to sit down early because of turbulence, and both - after I politely reminded them we were only on initial - told me, "I do final early." What's ironic is that the most recent one had the nerve to go on and on about how the company is "auditing" FAs on items such as cell phone usage, jumpseat occupancy, etc, and how we all needed to watch our asses, yet had no problem making up her own final approach procedures.

I have *zero* tolerance for this bullspit, and refuse to participate (I simply kept on as I were, and let them do the cabin check on their own. When the real final came, I then did mine). As much as I would love to write them up for this, it's extremely taboo, and I refuse to write any FA up for anything less than something that jeopardizes the safety of the crew/pax.

So, my question is - what are some rules you have witnessed FAs creating and/or improperly enforcing, and what have you done about it? I strongly encourage each of you to write in to CO any time you have an FA who does things on their own terms - remember, this thread is only regarding FARS and/or company policy.