FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alamo Frequent Flyer Surcharge
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:41 pm
beltway
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
Rented a mid-size car in SAT last week. Gave my FF #to attendant.( previous booked thru Orbitz -3 days $96 bucks with all fees.)
Noticed Alamo charged me $2.25 for three days rental as FF surcharge.Called today said they just started the new policy this month if you give them your FF# the will add the surcharge, no FF given no miles and no surcharge. Anybody had this happen to them?
Well, in the past I've had the devil's own time getting Alamo to enter a FF# at time of pickup. (On two consecutive occasions their agents failed to do so, prompting a letter of complaint from me that in turn resulted in a voucher for 2 free rental days. But I digress....) In those instances, I called them after the fact to insist that the rental be properly credited, and no charge was assessed. It's possible this will still work as a means of avoiding the FF surcharge.

UPDATE: I currently have a car out from Alamo, and despite giving my FF info to two separate people before taking the keys, I am now told by phone that the number still isn't in -- and cannot be added until after the contract closes/car is returned. So I repeat my advice: wait until afterward to put in your FF#.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 15, 2010 at 5:24 am