FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ACLU quesitioning enhanced patdowns
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:19 am
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Wow, I am really nervous about this. So far, I haven't been chosen for the machine and so haven't had to opt out, but clearly it is coming. I have never had anyone other than my husband or a medical professional touch me in my private areas, and the thought of this makes me physically ill. Couldn't someone opt out of the groping for religious reasons? What would happen if you told the screener, "Yes, you can touch my privates, but as soon as you do, I will scream, I will call the police, I will charge you with sexual assault, and I will file suit with my attorney and the ACLU". What would they say? If they ask whether you want to fly today, could that not be considered duress? If one were to actually contact the ACLU, would they take on the case?

No women have actually commented to say what the actual groping involved. I would like to hear about that if any women have been through it. Thanks.
They might, but the odds are against it in any one case. The ACLU has been collecting reports on TSA checkpoint abuses for several years. They pick their battles very carefully and undoubtedly are waiting for the right case(s) to come along.