FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ACLU quesitioning enhanced patdowns
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:51 am
doober
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Wow, I am really nervous about this. So far, I haven't been chosen for the machine and so haven't had to opt out, but clearly it is coming. I have never had anyone other than my husband or a medical professional touch me in my private areas, and the thought of this makes me physically ill. Couldn't someone opt out of the groping for religious reasons? What would happen if you told the screener, "Yes, you can touch my privates, but as soon as you do, I will scream, I will call the police, I will charge you with sexual assault, and I will file suit with my attorney and the ACLU". What would they say? If they ask whether you want to fly today, could that not be considered duress? If one were to actually contact the ACLU, would they take on the case?

No women have actually commented to say what the actual groping involved. I would like to hear about that if any women have been through it. Thanks.
This from the comments section of the article in the NY Times of yesterday:

As a frequent flyer, I knew a pat down was the alternative, but I was not expecting the offensive, invasive procedure that resulted, involving extensive exploration of the contours of my breasts and repeated (and painful) probing of my genitals. To cap off the experience, two 2 idle male TSA agents and a male police officer lounging a few feet away exchanged snickers while not once tearing their eyes from the spectacle.
Also, I believe a couple of female members of FT have described their gropes, but I can't find them.

Several people have mentioned other screeners watching the gropes, leering and snickering. This is probably the most offensive part of the whole procedure to me.

There is nothing at all "professional" about the TSA.