FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways First Class and a 9 seater in Costa Rica w/pics
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:09 am
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
Conclusion

British Airways First is a good product that is let down by obvious cost cutting. The Concorde Room fulfills all the criteria I look for in a lounge, it's quiet and has a good selection of food and drink. Onboard, BA still have some fantastic crew who are willing to go the extra mile. The seat may be outdated but it's comfortable and affords a decent degree of privacy. If BA can continue to operate 14 F seats, profitably, then I don't see why they should make the cabin smaller to increase either the size of the seat or the multitude of partitions available on other carriers.

Against that, the premium experience from the Concorde Room lounge to the aircraft leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not the first to say it and I certainly won't be the last but BA really need to improve this. The food onboard osculated from being pretty good to pretty poor. Finally, the quality of the wine served onboard is low compared with other airlines in First. The recent news that Jancis Robinson has tendered her resignation from the wine panel at BA comes as no surprise.

Last edited by baggageinhall; Sep 7, 2010 at 6:25 am