FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD - Agent on a Power Trip - Supervisor doesn't care
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:23 pm
ldsant
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
IAD - Agent on a Power Trip - Supervisor doesn't care

Last night while flying out of IAD there was a TSA agent who was literally yelling at people for quite a long time (one woman, whose native language is not English was reduced to tears). The agent continued yelling at people telling all of us to TAKE OFF SHOES, REMOVE LAPTOPS, I said TAKE OFF SHOES! He walked around with his arms crossed and looked at everybody as though we had each just done the worst crime imaginable. I asked for a supervisor. When I explained how, imo, there is NO reason for this guy to be screaming and yelling, his response was "I didn't hear him. . ." I then had him stand there for 10 minutes with me as the TSA person continued to yell. I was also filling out a form about this at the same time. The supervisor then told me that they were making a lot of improvements and that making it calmer was one of them. I looked at him and said "well then you need to coach that guy and get him "on the program."

I am just astounded that 9 years later this agency is still as awful as ever. The outright arrogance by some of the people who work there would never be tolerated anywhere else.