FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My NEXUS Card was refused at PHX T4
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:42 am
PhoenixRev

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Isn't there a Terminal Manager who post here on FT? Castrobeans are such. Perhaps s/he could give us some insight on just why TSA can't teach employees the most basics tasks.
I am not hopeful at the response because anything short of an admission the TSA is not overly concerned about disseminating information in a timely and aggressive manner is empty sentiment. Every single corporation in the U.S. has to disseminate information to its employees when changes are made to federal and state laws and somehow it manages to get done.

When similar issues have come up, we have seen Ron and others jump in and give the same tired responses: the agency is too new, it takes time, there are too many IDs to know about, etc. It's all a cover for laziness.

I receive broadcast faxes, emails and hard copy memos all the time with updates to the SOPs, changes announced by executive management, and notes about new or updated laws on a state and federal level. I am accountable to know about those changes and follow them. That's part of my job.

If the TSA management and staff find it a burden to keep up with the laws and their own rules, perhaps they need to find simpler work.

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Please file a complaint with the DHS Inspector General (IG) using their IG Hotline. The TSA doesn't have its owN IG; rather, they fall under the DHS IG as one of the bureaus under DHS. FYI, Richard Skinner is very highly respected among federal department IGs.
Thank you for this. I will, indeed, send my complaint and include plenty of cc's including the DHS IG.