FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My NEXUS Card was refused at PHX T4
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:06 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I had a similar experience, up to a point, at BNA, my home AP. The TDC refused the Nexus. Supervisor was called and agreed with TDC, and insisted that I show another ID. I surrendered and presented by DL. I walked to the xray line fuming.

After passing through the WTMD, the supervisor approached me and said that he had looked into the Nexus, found that he was incorrect and apologized for his mistake. He also promised to make sure that his TDC's were aware that it was a good ID.

Two weeks later, I was standing at the TDC podium and the TDC (a different one this time) had done the magic light and turned over the Nexus, twice, and was giving me that is this all that you have look. Just as he was about to speak the supervisor saw what was happening from about 30 feet away, came to the podium, said hello to me and told the TDC the Nexus was okay. They mentioned something about "Clear" being a problem not Nexus. As we walked away he said he sorry and was getting the word out as best he could. He said have a nice flight and walked of to do his other duties.

I repeat this because what should happen is so unusual that it is remarkable.