FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day trip to KUL or CGK during stopover in SIN
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:56 am
josmon10

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Thank you both for your tips, jiejie & jpatokal

Originally Posted by jpatokal
It's a solid 4 hours one way to Melaka when you figure in border crossings, so trying to do this as a day trip with a flight to catch would be pushing it. The land borders can also get quite congested around holidays, so double-check that calendar.
Yes, I know that Melaka is a great place to visit, but when I googled, I found out that the bus takes 4.5 hours to get there (from Singapore, not SIN), and 1.5 hours from KLIA, so I'm afraid it's no doable.

I think KUL is actually a more sensible option than Melaka (although it's still slightly crazy ). Tons of flights, many of them dirt cheap, plus fast links to the city.
I also think that KUL is the only sensible place to visit. Every quarter the KLIA Ekspres takes you to downtown in 28 minutes, so it's quite convenient.

It is crazy, for sure. But unless anything unexpected happens, I should be OK. Besides, I guess I'll fly back to SIN with Tiger, and after this flight there are 4 more with AirAsia and JetStar that would still allow me to catch my flight to ADL.

I guess I'm looking for a way to get really tired for my second back-to-back red-eye flight in Y.