FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Aug 29, 2010, 1:21 pm
michellemck99

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
At CMH today, concourse B. One general line (post ID check) which broke into two at the choice of the passenger -- one headed to metal detector and one to NudeOScope. I choose metal detector. Unload stuff for XRay, waiting at the mouth of the XRay for all my stuff to go inside the XRay before proceeding forward. Apparently this raised the ire of the (female) NudeOScope hall monitor, who asked me to cross over and go through that machine (which is a mite odd because there was no waiting at the metal detector). Not only am I not going through the NudeOScope because I'm not going to do that, but that would put me ~15 feet and a solid wall away from my stuff. No thanks. I say "I want to opt out of the backscatter". She says "what?" (2/3rds incredulous, 1/3rd aggressive). I say this again. I'm put in a holding bin, a female agent comes over, asks me which items are mine, carries them over to the pat down area with me following. She says she's going to do a "thorough pat down with gloves" which she will need to check for residue after the pat down. She also says to put my feet on the mat facing my stuff. The pat down is thorough, but no privates and use of the side of her hand under and between my chest. Gloves are checked, she comes back and says I'm free to leave. I thank her for her professionalism and depart. Took an extra ~3 minutes.

Last edited by michellemck99; Aug 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm Reason: better explanation