FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I fly with gold coins/bullion?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:52 pm
modern

Programs: AA (LT Plat, ex-ConciergeKey), SPG (Plat), DL (Diamond), Marquis Jet Card
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Hey modern, while searching for some unrelated freight info, I just read that Continental has a program called COsecure to include Gold over 25k:
Thanks! This looks great, as I can specify what flight it is on and fly out with it and pick it up after I land and drive right to the bank. Continental has nonstops to my destination.

Cost is 200% of regular tariffs, but for 15 or 20 pounds can't be that much. However, I have to find a wood (!) or metal shipping container.

Originally Posted by cordelli
If there's no intention to do anything with it for decades, why not just leave it where it is and move it later? Way less hassle, and probably in the long run less expenses.
It's a change of tax domicile issue. One of the things the tax authorities check is where you keep your safe deposit box. If you want to move out of a high tax state to a lower tax state, you should sever as many ties as you can, so they don't use them against you in court.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Aug 25, 2010 at 12:19 am Reason: merge consecutive posts