FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free parking in Lincoln Park?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2010, 6:39 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by WildRyan
I've seen cars with 7-10 stickers on them. Residents that come to Chicago late in the year might find that the cost of buying a City Stickers/Permanent permits will cost far more than simply buying a few books of temporary parking permit books. It seems to me that the parking ticket writers don't mind the fact that cars have multiple stickers on them as I have never seen someone ticketed for displaying too many stickers.

One could argue that from a security perspective, displaying that may stickers publicly announces that you are not intending on checking up on the car for an extended period of time. It might be an indicator to an thief.
Two thoughts:
1. You can only buy stickers/permits if you reside in a neighborhood. So someone new to Chicago who lives downtown couldn't buy Lincoln Park daily permits.
2. When I see a car with multiple daily permits, I assume they haven't bothered to pull off old permits when adding a new daily permit. Are you sure you're seeing cars with daily permits for days in the future?