FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Food in Manila?
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:28 pm
Akiestar

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
As I backread through the thread, I was surprised to find our that some of the restaurants I know and love to eat in are not named. Here's a few:

*KKK in Robinsons Place Manila serves excellent beef kare-kare. The price is affordable too for the quality: P330/bowl.
*Ongpin Maņosa on Ongpin St. in Binondo is known for their maki (pork in syrupy soup) and unusually large siomai (shao mai). Compared to other Chinese restaurants, the price is a bargain for the amount of food you'd receive: a small bowl of fried rice (good for 2-3 persons), for example, is P95.
*Jojoen on Adriatico St. in Malate is the only Japanese restaurant in the Philippines which serves beef sashimi. The best sashimi I've had so far however is not here, but at Nihonbashitei, which is on Arnaiz Ave. in Makati.
*Malacca on Jupiter St. in Makati serves excellent Malaysian food: the beef rendang was very tasty and the nasi goreng is the best I've had so far. Across the hall from Malacca is Mey Lin, reputed to be one of Manila's best noodle houses (they make their noodles in-house).
*My aunt once told me that New Bombay at the corner of Ayala Avenue and Gil Puyat Avenue in Makati serves Manila's best Indian food, though I've not had the chance to try it for myself.

Should I come up with a few more places to eat, I'll be sure to name them here.