FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do I need a passport for an internal flight?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:43 am
matthewuk

Originally Posted by LiviLion
Arriving at bag drop with my PYOBP in hand I put my bag on the belt and was ordered to hand over 'photo id'.

I queried this and said are you sure I need photo ID and apparently all flight to Edinburgh where you put a bag in the hold need photo ID.. Luckily I had my driving license with me and couldn't really be bothered to make a deal of it. The way her face stayed permenantly still during my protestations was a remarkable feat in itself.

Who was right, me or the bag drop bag?
If traveling only domestic then you do not need ID. Minor exceptions if you are not the card holder or your card has expired.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults

Originally Posted by BA website
We do not require to see a passport or photo identification if you are travelling on purely UK domestic flights* (i.e. with no onwards international flights).
If you are travelling on an e-ticket, you will need to have the credit/debit card originally used to pay for the booking. This is for identification purposes only and you will not be charged again.

*If your credit card has expired since payment was made, you have a new credit card or you do not have your original credit card you used for payment with you, you will not be able to use the Self-Service kiosks or check-in desks. Please go to the ticket desk at the airport. The ticket desk will be able to check your booking and enable it for check in.
You will be required to present an acceptable form of ID, as per the list below, if you do not have your original form of payment credit card with you at the airport.

*If the credit card holder is not travelling and you have an e-ticket bought by someone else, you will need to obtain the email itinerary receipt from the credit card holder, as it is required at check-in. You will need this document AND an acceptable form of identification at the airport.

Acceptable forms of identification are:

A valid Driving Licence.
Executive Club membership card.
Passport / National ID card.
Company works card / ID.