FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My craziest trip to date - An odyssey of premium travel! 108 hours, 16 airlines, C/F
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:25 pm
jacob_m

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
A short visit to central Hong Kong

Inside the terminal building there was a board with all connecting flights and what transfer areas we should proceed to if we needed to collect boarding passes
My next flight was there, I was easily the only passenger on the flight making that connection.

The transfer desk for my connection flight was at the other end of the terminal, I could have sorted it out later, but I needed the walk anyway and thought it would be nice to get all the formalities done straight away.
The friendly male agent at the transfer counter actually managed to print boarding passes for both upcoming flights, he was actually surprised about that himself.
My baggage tag number was entered in the reservation and I received directions to the lounge.

With over 7 hours until my next flight I decided to make a brief visit to central Hong Kong.
The airport express train is very quick, making the rather long journey from Hong Kong airport to Central on Hong Kong Island in just 24 minutes.
There are also nicely priced tickets for the train if making a same day return, just HKD 100 for a same-day return ticket to Hong Kong Station.

The weather in Hong Kong was a bit too hot for my taste, especially as I had hand luggage to carry around.
But it was nice to stretch my legs for some time. They are greatly refurbishing the area around Hong Kong station at the moment, which I heard is for the upcoming Asian games.

Last edited by jacob_m; Aug 29, 2010 at 1:47 pm