FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My craziest trip to date - An odyssey of premium travel! 108 hours, 16 airlines, C/F
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:11 am
jacob_m

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
A short layover in Singapore

I only had a short layover in Singapore this time, but after 14 hours in the air, a beginning jetlag, and many more flights coming up I was really looking forward to some proper sleep in a real bed.

For some reason it was incredibly difficult to find any decently priced hotel rooms for the night I was staying in Singapore. As I was to arrive at 11 pm and leave again in the late afternoon the following day I was obviously not interested in paying any premium rates

Eventually the choice fell on the Swissôtel Merchant Court Hotel, where I actually stayed on my very first visit to Singapore ten years ago.
It is not a luxury hotel by any means, and honestly the room was beginning to show its age, but the staff is nice the hotel has one of the nicest pool areas I have seen in any hotel I have stayed in in the world.
The hotel is located right next to Clarke Quay and the Singapore River, and sitting in the pool overlooking the river and the Singapore skyline in the sun is just amazing. I could stay there again just for that very reason.
I don't think there are many "city resorts" that could really live up to its name like this hotel.

A late check-out was approved and I spent most of the day relaxing in the pool area enjoying my first proper day away.