FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:00 am
tassojunior

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by blakeIV
Thanks for all the info in this thread. My story and a question below:

I applied for business card and was approved after calling with app ID. I do have a personal citi AA MC that is 11 months old. This is my 4th citi card overall, btw.

I also applied for a business card for my wife and she did not get an app ID and calling did not help. I assume that is in snail mail limbo.

Based on this thread, I doubt I'd be approved a personal citi AmX since I have the personal citi AA mastercard open (bonus for 1st timers only, blah blah blah).

I would like to apply for a personal citi Amx for my wife and get another 75k. She does have a citi AA MC, but its the non-annual fee version getting 1 mile per $2 spend. And she has had the card since 2005. Any thoughts on whether she would be denied based on that crappy card (not being a first time applicant)? Also, should I wait until the business card app is resolved before applying for a personal card? Not sure if the dual applications would matter.
Your wife's old MC AA probably won't matter. I had one open & got 2 AA's in May (on same day).

Your 11-month old MC AA didn't stop you from being approved for business and shouldn't be the reason you'd be disapproved for personal. It's the new business card that might stop you from being approved for a new personal.

Would have been best to do two apps at once as those seem to get through. But certainly worth a shot, many people have gotten a 2nd card days later.