FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:58 am
VegasCableGuy

Programs: WN A++, Marriott Plat, Avis 1
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
That's clearly against procedure. File a complaint and name this jackhole.
I honestly wouldn't even know what to complain about: Is the back of the hand a requirement for the sensitive areas? Must they verbalize an offer for a private screening? Are they supposed to go over the genitals or not?

This is my second patdown from declining a WBI and probably the 4th overall (2 others being pulled from line at random). Each has been a different experience. I don't recall anything remarkable about the randoms other than they seemed more like a casual patdown that involved normal patting of the clothes - not deep body rubbing.

My earlier WBI-skipping patdown at BOS - while somewhat unnerving due to the crowd of TSOs observing -- was otherwise cordial. The guy there used the back of his hand for almost half my body and communicated to sure there were no surprises. This TSO was rough and said nothing. I know he felt me jump but continued on as if nothing happened. There wasn't any pause or eye contact.

Although he seemed pretty gruff or angry from the beginning, I didn't get the feeling that the surprise grab was vindictive. It just seemed like he didn't any qualms about going over that area. Which goes back to my earlier question: What *are* the procedures/policies in this regard?