FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Surpass Benefit - Priority Pass
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
...called AMEX to verify that I didn't have to do some magical enrollment with PP to get in and they told me no, all I had to do was show them my Surpass card.
You were misinformed. You must have the physical Priority Pass card.

This is explained here:

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass

Wait for your next flight in style.
A complimentary Priority PassSM membership (valued at $99) is yours as a Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmember.

Notice the superscript "8" at the end of that sentence. Hover to read the link:

The Basic Cardmember will be automatically enrolled in the Priority Pass program. Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date, unless canceled prior to the anniversary date. Priority Pass membership may be cancelled by American Express if the Basic Cardmember's Hilton HHonors Surpass Card is cancelled. Priority Pass membership includes access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass program. Participating lounges are owned and operated by independent third parties and their participation and/or facilities may change. To access a lounge, Cardmember must show his/her valid Priority Pass card and an airline ticket for travel on the same day for the Cardmember and each guest. Cardmember will receive the Priority Pass card within 12–14 weeks after Cardmember's first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card. Participating lounges may restrict entry to persons under 21 years old. All lounge visits are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person, which will be automatically charged to the Cardmember's Hilton HHonors Surpass Card. Priority Pass membership is subject to the Priority Pass terms of use and the individual lounge operators' terms of use for the participating lounges. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions and a directory of participating lounges, please visit www.prioritypass.com.

Last edited by mia; Aug 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm