FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disney "Base" Prices Going Up (Effective 05 August 2010)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:35 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't think I've been down that much this year... maybe 3 times, but the year is young. I go down for a quick break. The last trip was only to go see the Main Street Electrical parade before it left... now it's not leaving. We usually will do a week there at some point in the year. But I don't work there, like you, or a family member, works for Fairmont

The best deals are for the free dining IF you stay in a value resort and have a couple of kids. The dining plan is no longer the deal it used to be. Even Disney is now saying you can save "up to 20%. Not worth it in my book.

The good deals from 2 years ago were for "stay 4 nights/get 7" which also included a gift card.. I forgot how much.

They also offered a $500 gift card at some point.

If you're looking for bargains... you're not going to find many, and again, the cheapest you could do it for is a value resort.

I've often said it's cheaper to go to Hawaii for a week than to spend it in Disney, and I have the records to prove it

I just finished helping a friend with his reservation, and he's getting the best deal out there - 40% off his deluxe room only and will be paying for food and tickets as he uses them.