FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feds admit storing checkpoint body scan images
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:15 am
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Originally Posted by Bob at the TSA Blog, Feb 3 2010
These pictures were provided to TSA by the vendor. I have never claimed they are the exact size and resolution that our officers see. I have provided video examples showing what our officers see. I have requested the resolution and size and was told it was proprietary information that I could not release. I'm still looking into being able to get that info for you, but I can't promise anything.
So it's been half a year now, are we to understand that this is not a SSI issue, but rather a government vendor claiming that releasing the actual resolution and size is just a case proprietary information that they don't want released? What are they fearing?
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Originally Posted by TSA Bob
The storing and exporting of images only takes place in a laboratory or testing environment while in "test mode." Machines in the airports will not be placed in test mode and there is nobody at the airports who have the capability of placing it in that mode. This mode is not even accessible by the people who perform maintenance on the machines.
Is that to say that the machines could never store and transmit images, even if DHS/TSA desires this capability at some time in the future?
A week has gone by, but still no response to a few simple questions...

[/crickets]