FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:55 am
LIH Prem

I just signed up, I hope I'm not too late. I signed up for the LH flights, and the charter and paid my deposit.

There was some mention of a NYC hotel option? I'll be arriving at JFK (hopefully) on the morning of Oct 31, and I will need a hotel option if there's one offered, or I can make my own arrangements. I didn't see anything on the signup form for that. Where are other people staying that night? I will probably try to use a Cash & Points rate at the Parker Meridien if there's no other group rate option.

Also, I had a question about the UA add-on segments. I do need an add-on to get there, but not to get home. UA 34 is a single flight number from OGG-JFK, but obviously, there's a stop/change of plane in SFO. So do I enter that as a 1 or 2 flights? I entered at as 1, but I was wondering about the tax add-on. If it's just basic taxes and no fuel surcharges, that should be fine. Otherwise, I can most likely book it cheaper on my own, if it books as 2 segments with tax and fuel surcharges. The UA add-on flights are EQM earning, and upgrade eligible?

Also, though I checked off coach for the charter, if there's room in F, can I change that? How do I change that? You can change it for me if there's room at this point. Just don't stick me in a middle seat in coach.

The signup sheet allows you to select your mileage program, but when selecting the level, you can only select M&M elete levels, so I picked United/HON as the corresponding level for this lowly UA/1k. No place for the FF# though. I need the EQMs this year for each leg of this trip. With my add-ons, I'm figuring just over 19k EQMs. The charter flight will post as IAH-PHX-PAE individual legs, right?

Thanks to the people working on this and organizing it. It must be a ton of work for you. Thanks.

Oh, one more question. I saw the posts about the 1k SPG pt bonuses at the SPG properties, and maybe I missed this, but the group rates for those properties (FRA, IAH, and SEA SPG properties) are eligible rates for stay/night credits and Plat. benefits, right?

Thanks,
-David

PS: Apologies to sbm12, as I was bugging him privately before I posted this here.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 6, 2010 at 3:24 am