FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1.1 million miles expired 6 wks ago
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:36 am
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by brentski
After your being a loyal cust. for so long,that alone,especially being a mil .miler would give you some weight.
Other than that,did you use anything related to UA that would/could count as UA miles(credit card(which is what I use at the present) car rentals,hotel stays or anything else UA recognizes as earning points.It could be eating out,sending flowers and a dozen other things.Go through your files to find ANYTHING that would have earned miles whether you signed up or not.
??????

Guy isn't a million miler. Guy may have flown "almost 250,000 miles" in his life on UA over an extended period of time with just one ticket in the last 3 years (and only 606 miles at that, not that I think short flights are not profitable one...they can be very expensive.) He has stated that he has given his loyalty to companies other than UA (specifically WN and DL, which is tough in Chicago to give biz to DL until recently as they have been a tiny player,) and when he did fly UA in the past, it was for work (not a strong indicator of loyalty driven spending, rather need based.)

Not trying to impugn the guy, but where do we get a "long time loyal flyer" or a "million miler" from his self disclosure?