FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Girlfriend got seriously hassled before entering US this time
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:19 pm
AtariBaby

Unhappy Canadian Girlfriend got seriously hassled before entering US this time

I'm in love with a Canadian girl and until we figure out who is moving where, we're traveling back and forth to see each other. She's been coming to see me for a a week or two at a time. This time she came for 28 days.

This time customs pulled her into their office and started grilling her about what she was doing in the US, how she could stay so long, insinuating she was going to work in the US, telling her next time they may not let her come in at all, or they may follow her, or that they may demand bank statements to prove she can afford to be here. She was being totally honest with them, that she wasn't working here, that she had savings and made plenty of money while in Canada, and that I was often paying for the tickets. And apparently they also gave her a hard time about being honest that purpose of her trip was to see her boyfriend.

Does anyone have advice for us on how best to handle this situation? It's very stressful to think that the wrong move or wrong attitude could prevent her from entering the country.

I'd also be grateful for other sites that offer good advice on this matter. I'm also looking for good community sites on her eventually moving her, or me moving there. And of course, let me know if this was the wrong forum to post. Thanks!