FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:01 am
brasov02

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by deant
All I can state is that when both my wife and I applied earlier this year and were denied due to being an "existing customer" there were no hard pulls on our credit report. YMMV as always.
This would make sense. Why go through the trouble of a credit check and then check if the app is from a previous cardholder to see if a credit check is even needed. But then again, since when does half the stuff these guys do make any sense. Also goes to show that you can NEVER make a blanket-type statement when it comes to credit cards like Happy's "Every application will generate a pull." (Wait, I think I just made a blanket-type statement.)
Once again, all these personal stories and "data points" only serve to prove that no one can be sure what will happen when you push that "submit" button is. An educated guess is the best we can do. Part of the fun of the game...