FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:55 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longleaf
I applied on the 27th for a Citi AA MC personal card. Pull shows on that date from Citibank in my credit report inquiries. Was approved.

I applied on 29th for a Citi AA Visa business card. Pull shows on that date from Citibank in my credit report inquiries. Still pending.

So i guess this means i didn't get turned down due to being a previous cardholder, since i got two pulls (the app on the 27th was my first Citi card).

Interesting they did 2 hard pulls, even though the dates were only 2 days apart.
Every application will generate a pull. Only way to possibly minimize it is to apply same category of cards from the same issuer back to back on the same day. (no guarantee, but generally works). In fact on my Experian report I saw in 2009 Citi personal card dept did hard pulls on each app but the addresses have the PO Box number transposed - each address generated a hard pull on the same day. So there were 2 hard pulls that would not consolidate because Experian considered them from 2 different entities.

Personal card and business card are handled by different dept. With the inquiry from different entities and addresses, there is no known way to minimize the pulls.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 30, 2010 at 10:03 pm