FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:38 am
spankytoes

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Just got the 100k offer in my email. I have NO shot at being approved because my credit is only in the high 600's. (Got to love decisions in college) So, if I got it, surely some of you other guys will be blessed as well. It says my FF# on the email, so it must be linked with AAdvantage more than anything else.

Link removed. Sorry guys
Well, I was approved over the phone for the 100k promo. I'm extremely excited about this!

The CSR was going to offer me 30,000 miles until I mentioned the 100K promo. While on the phone, she had me forward the email from my Yahoo account so that she could verify that it was sent to me. (I.E. My personal email, my name, my AAdvantage #, etc.) Once verified, she said that I would get the 100k miles provided that I meet the terms as outlined. I'm guessing this is why an attempt to provide a link will bring up your personal information if shared.

Not sure if this is relevant, but my stats are: AA Gold, 70,000 miles in my account, AAdvantage member for 3 years and never cashed in any of my miles for award travel. I have to fly DFW-TUL for business a lot, so I'll make Platinum before the year is up...just to lose it a month later. I've also never had a Citi credit card.

So the moral of the story is that yes, this is a targeted offer. I can't speak about the 75k offer.