FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Break out the large backpack for Spirit travel!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:45 am
frugal_flyer

iahphx.. My next flight with Spirit is not until November when I go to Atlantic City for three days, but I have been anxiously awaiting the particulars of how the airline is going to enforce this. I know Spirit will have sizers at the gates, but beyond that, things are somewhat murky. Such as, if the plane is not completely full, are you allowed to put your personal item in the overhead bins to free up space for your feet, as an example.

Like you, I made an effort to find a luggage piece that was the personal item size, and there is virtually nothing because it is such an odd size. I actually will be trying a 1960s era tiny luggage piece! LOL If this shoebox doesn't doesn't work well enough for me, I will try the backpack route myself.

I am just waiting for Scottevest to dish out a coupon for one of their regular coats, instead of the shirts and cargo pants. I need a new coat anyway; might as well double as my carryon bag!

I am looking forward to hearing the "first reports" of the policy's implementation, starting on Sunday the 1st.