FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I get credit for a stay and points???
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:06 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
As Hilton HH is pretty good in crediting stays, there might be a reason that your stay trigger was not pulled: If your said reward code was a typo and you used FN601, the answer to your question is :No.
If you still have a copy of your FN601 and read paragraph 11 of the T&Cs, it clearly states credit is due. Apparently some properties were not posting the cert properly, as we see from time to time for any cert. When I contacted the DIamond Desk, they replied that the FN601 was not processed properly and they corrected the error.

In the end it's all moot as I am well over the number of stays needed (and approaching nights) for Diamond next year, but since I didn't make it last year, it meant benefits granted one stay early. If Hilton had a soft-landing in their downgrades, I probably wouldn't have cared as much. But it was one email and done, so not much effort needed.