FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concord Bus to Portland: from BOS or South Station?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:41 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by guv1976
Amtrak and the Concord Bus use the same terminal in Portland, but different terminals in Boston. If you are thinking that you might use Amtrak in either or both directions and want to take advantage of the available discounts, you will need to purchase the tickets in advance (online or by phone). As long as you do not actually print the paper ticket, however, you can cancel for a full refund anytime before departure.
I will only need a one-way ticket. Taking the subway to North Station seems as easy as taking it to South Station. Interesting, I just applied the 25% discount code to a fare I priced for tomorrow morning (under 24 hours from now) and the discount was taken! Has the 3 day in advance purchase requirement vanished? Not complaining at all.

It looks like the Concord bus is a few dollars cheaper if boarded from South Station than from Logan.
$5 cheaper. I just called Concord. So for that $5 expense, pax still have to exit the bus at South Station with their carry ons and lose their seats once they reboard with everyone else. A bit odd.

Just found my Charlie Card!