FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:04 pm
Jack Burton

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RedLancer
If I close my current Fidelity account, am I eligible for this promotion?

Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope - but if you have a big enough balance, you might persuade them to give you the miles as a good customer bonus.

Curious,...why is the answer "No"?

Reading the TOS,...
"Only prospective customers who currently do not have a Fidelity retail account are eligible. This promotional offer is limited to one per household and per lifetime of the individual(s) named on the Fidelity account. Only individual or joint Fidelity Accounts, personal trust accounts, and business accounts are eligible."

As I understand it:
1) If RedLancer cancels his existing account, then he satisfies the first part of this.
2) In regards to the 2nd part,...covering "once per household and per lifetime...",......since it states "THIS promotional offer" and NOT "ALL Fidelity promotional offers",....why would he not qualify if he previously opened an account under a different promo?

Again, using their own language here,...as long as RedLancer does NOT have a current account, and did NOT previously sign up for THIS promo offer, then I think he would qualify for this promo. Can the TOS be read any other way?

Thoughts?