FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philadelphia: higher end factory outlet shopping mall?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:30 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
The Reading outlets have been in decline for a number of years now. Last time we went it was a waste of the drive. However I did forget to mention the outlets in Lancaster PA. I think they have suffered a bit from the new competition with the Philadelphia Outlets, but there is still a decent selection of stores. Plus after a day of shopping you can go stuff yourself at the Shady Maple Smorgasbord. Totally worth it!
I was just going by what stores were there. When I saw Coach and Dooney, I assumed this was what the OP considered 'higher end'. But you're right, Reading seems in decay.

Now I've actually been to that Shady Maple place. I found the place not only to be huge but filled with very overweight families looking to dive into this all-you-can-eat land. It looked like a world of gluttony. As for the buffet, I didn't see "quality". I saw "quantity". The ambiance....very bright lights, no ambiance at all. Just my two cents.