FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:51 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?

What are your top Starwood properties in Europe? Where you would choose to take a weekend trip in order to stay at this hotel? Perhaps the quality of the hotel makes you happy to take a business trip. Another hotel might be one you'd drive an hour out of the way to visit. The hotels could be intriguing because of their architecture, perhaps an old palace or monastery, or perhaps refreshingly contemporary. They might have a great city location, or a beautiful view of scenery. They should have excellent service and comfortable rooms.

This is a fresh start of a thread that I began in 2006. Starwood has lost and Starwood has gained hotels in Europe during the past four years. (I'm still mourning the loss of the Cipriani in Asolo, Italy.) I'm listing the summary from the initial thread below. Let me know if there are errors - but more importantly, are there some great hotels that should be noted? Or are some listed that have fallen substantially in favor?

I've built wonderful trips based on the first iteration of this list, and hope that others might do the same.