FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali day trip recommendations
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:13 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Bali day trip recommendations

My wife and I will be going to Bali in late August and September. I've enjoyed and learned from the other Bali posts here, including the replies to an earlier, more general series of questions I posted.

I'm posting now because we'll be staying in four places and I'd welcome advice on good day trips to take either as we move (via a taxi or hotel car) from place to place or at the start of the trip when we'll be in Nusa Dua for six days.

Anyway, here is our itinerary:

6 days in Nusa Dua at Conrad Bali

3 days near Munduk in north/central Bali at Munduk Moding Plantation

4 days at Pemuteran Bay on the north shore at Amertha Villas

4 days in Ubud at Tegal Sari

I'd especially appreciate day trip advice in case anyone recommends places to visit along the way as long as we're shifting from one hotel to another. But we might also want to take a day trip or two while based at Nusa Dua.

During the day trips we'd mainly like to see some beautiful spots and drives along the way. But of course we would also welcome learning and/or experiencing more of the culture, having a good lunch, etc.

Finally, do you think we should simply get one driver to shift us from place to place, or might it be simply easier or cheaper to arrange the transfers from the hotels?

Thanks for any help!