FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:15 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

A search (on FT and Google) will turn up answers to your questions, but I'll do my best to quickly answer.

Avis First www.avisfirst.com has full details
Qualifications: 12 "qualifying" rentals or 35 "qualifying" rental days in a calendar year
Benefits: 1 class upgrade (where available... rarely), free weekend coupon with every 4 "qualifying" rentals, and skip the basic counter at larger airports & go to the Preferred Counter or to your vehicle if they have a display board.

President's Club
Qualifications: "Invitation" from the Continental Presidential Plus or Amex Centurion card or other similar methods. Large corporate contracts might come with limited memberships. Not possible to qualify through # rentals, at least it's reported anywhere.
Benefits: 2 car class upgrade (where available), car available anytime even without a reservation, and skip the basic counter at larger airports & go to the Preferred Counter or to your vehicle if they have a display board.

Chairman's Club
Qualifications: Corporate contracts might come with a few memberships or via membership in some programs like Netjets. As with Pres Club, it's not listed that you can qualify with # of rentals.
Benefits: Best car on the lot when you reserve a mid-side (with some hit-or-miss exceptions like Hummers, Corvettes or when employees lack knowledge), Return valet service at large airports (the manager or other employee will take you to the terminal in the rental car so you don't have to bother with schlepping your stuff on the bus/train/etc), car available anytime even without a reservation, (usually) fuel at "street price" when you don't return the car full, delivery of your car within 25 miles of the Avis station, and other random, non-standard benefits (sometimes offering a GPS for free, an "Avis welcomes [your name here]" at some locations, "bottled water, waived late fees, bringing in requested cars, overlooked damage, etc). They also will put your car right by the front door and if it's a place with an Avis bus, the manager will usually greet you and help with luggage.

It's worth noting that the PC & CC are stated as "US & Canada" but it's been reported that the preferential treatment (even if not all the benefits) are honored in Europe.

I'm sure others can jump in and correct me or add something that I've forgotten.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jun 29, 2010 at 8:31 am