FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice on SIN Lounge for *Gold
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:38 pm
ajnz

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
As info, the SATS lounge (SATS Premier lounge) that UA uses in SIN has showers, hot food, drinks (regular and booze), a fair selection of reading material. There's also four massage chairs in the far back, and two online terminals (there's wifi if you want to use your own notebook). I don't think the SATS lounge is open all night but should be open when the UA check in counter opens for the HKG and NRT flights in the morning (check in counter definitely open by 5:30 AM). Unfortunately UA customers do not have access to the SQ SilverKris lounge.
UA flies from Terminal 3, so by default I'd assume they would use the SQ KrisFlyer Gold lounge - which as mentioned by N227UA does not have restrooms or showers, but you can usually get a seat easily and it often has reasonable food. The SATS Lounge in T2 does have restrooms and showers, but it's almost always crowded whenever I'm there (prior to flights to HAN & DEL) and the food has little variation.

Both close overnight, although the SATS lounge does tend to stay open later than it says (it officially closes at 1am IIRC, but I've been in there til just on 2am).

I'd echo trooper and go for the transit hotel if you want decent rest.