FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #8" – Darwin Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2011
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:46 am
ozflygirl747

Programs: QF
Arrow Pre-do Kakadu & Arnhemland 25-27 May 2011

Just some further info on the cost of the ground arrangements:

:-:Thrifty 21 seat Coaster Bus has been booked for the duration of OzFest picking up from the depot at Stuart Park Darwin 1500 on Tue 24 May dropping off 1500 Tue 31 May. This will meet our needs nicely to get Darwin to Jabiru & back.

Drivers licence required LR (light rigid) so I'll either need to upgrade my licence from a class C to LR or ask SO nicely (who has a HR licence which is okay too) work permitting if he's willing and able to assist.

Cost base rate: 7 days $199.10 per day 100 free kms $0.33c extra per km
AUD1393.70 / vehicle registration recover fee AUD42.35 / admin fee AUD50.26 total price AUD1486.31. We'll work out how to divide cost closer to the time as we'll more than likely be using this for a couple of half day tours on Sat/Sun 28-29 May so Thrifty cost would be built into price of these tours also not just paid by those doing the pre-do so I'll advise an amount closer to the time when pax numbers on other day tours have been advised.

:-:Kakadu National Park entrance fee
AUD25.00 per person which is valid for 14 days. Although it can be paid at Kadadu National Park at the Bowali Visitors Centre & Cooinda Lodge it's probably easier to pre-pay it as it's one less thing to have to do during the pre-do. Payment due Sun 17 Apr 2011.

:-:Yellow Waters Sunset Cruise Wed 25 May
AUD82.00 per person due by Sun 17 Apr 2011.

:-:Lord's Kakadu & Arnhemland Safaris
AUD195.00 per person. One day Arnhemland Safari ex Jabiru picking up from Holiday Inn Gagudju at 0830 & drop off us off approx 1630 at Border Store where our Thrifty coaster bus will be so we can watch the sunset at Ubirr Rock which has spectcular views over Kakadu National Park.

Deposit due: 30% of tour price plus 2% merchant fee if paying by Visa or Mastercard so approx AUD60.00 now with balance of approx AUD140.00 due 45 days prior to departure which is Sun 17 Apr 2011.

Contact details are:

AnnMaree Grant
Operations
Lords Safaris
Tel: 61 8 8948 2200
Fax: 61 8 8948 2003
Email: [email protected]

Credit card details can be emailed to above address or if you prefer phoned through to the above phone number. Cheques can be posted to: LKAS, PO Box 39861, Winnellie NT 0821 or direct deposit can be made into Westpac Jabiru/account no. 120076/BSB 035-308.

Cancellation policy: Outside 30 days full refund given/15-30 days 50% cancellation fee/14 days or less 100% cancellation fee so now is a good time to take out travel insurance.

Can everyone who is booked on the pre-do email or pm me their real names so AnnMaree can match up the deposits with the correct people rather than FT monikers.

@:-)What to bring on the Arnhemland Safari

* One litre water bottle (water supplied for refills on truck)
* Good walking shoes or boots
* Sunscreen lotion
* Insect repellent
* Hat
* Light, comfortable clothing
* Camera gear (don't forget to charge battery)
* Binoculars
* Medications & other personal requirements

The tour requires a reasonable level of balance and agility for the walk up Injalak Hill to view the Aboriginal Rock Art so may not be suitable for people with mobility issues.

I did this day tour back in October last year & there was a Swiss gent on the tour who was 80 years young who managed okay.

Last edited by ozflygirl747; Jan 30, 2011 at 9:15 am Reason: Update