FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air and babies?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:49 pm
babiesflyfree

Originally Posted by Debberoo
Came across this old thread when searching for something else and just wanted to update it to say that Eva absolutely does allow the use of car seats. We flew them in March 2010 and June 2008 and used a Britax car seat both times. The FAs had no problem with it and were very helpful each time

They were also fine with us using the CARES harness for our slightly older child.

Just didn't want anyone to come across this and think they wouldn't be allowed to use a car seat. It is so much safer for an infant or child.
apparently this is another one of those YMMV issues...

car seat was not allowed... the purser even asked the pilot who said "no, you check seat of cars or we wait this place, cannot close door so no fly plane... please do, baby fly fine on leg lap" and forced us to check the car seat. We were in Preimum Laurel on a 777. (this was Feb 2010) The cabin was less than 30% full and I decided not to argue for the 14-hour flight....

By the way, how did the pilot get a job flying 77s7 when his English skill was worse than taxi drivers in New York City. I remember the exact words because it was so funny...(but at the time, I had no idea what he was saying and he had to repeat it in Chinese to the purser, who translated it to me in English)