FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Points phone number
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:45 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
if it's of any use to anyone...

when it comes to companies that have no phone access, I tend to avoid trusting them beyond the teasers such as the mypoints 5 point yellow bar.

99% of the time I just use mypoints only to get the 5 points per email click and that's about it. On some very rare occasion when an ad happens to fit exactly what I need and it's not available elsewhere for mileage bonus gain, I might bite and on the 2-3 times I can recall doing it I have been both nervous about it and also frustrated by their delays. I had to call or write them on one occasion but that was back when this was a bit easier to do.

When dealing with such entities, I do keep very detailed records of everything I did in that transaction and I print every email and web link that I do in it. You cannot rely on something that WAS on the web say two weeks ago because links change, and you may not be able to find all of your own emails or information about a deal if you scramble to look for it 6 weeks later. I use Yahoo and frankly it's search engine kinda stinks (but I admit to having many opened but saved emails in my acct)

I also found that with mypoints, if you click the offer to get the 5 points but then go back, say, 3 days later to do the deal in the offer, it may not register those offer points because it thinks you already did something. This is why I had to contact them on one of my occasions of actually doing an offer in one of their email ads. I remember them being in Canada or SF and while they were accommodating once I got thru, it was a real pain to get there. Those numbers no longer work.

MM